Italian Healthy Chickpea Salad
Rogliano's Healthy Chickpea Salad
Healthy vegetarian Italian Chickpea salad!
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 cans chickpeas (approx. 30 oz total)
- ¼ to ½ cup Rogliano's Authentic or Rosso Italian dressing
- 2 cups chopped bell pepper (sweet mini peppers work too)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 avocado (plus extra to taste)
- optional extra: crumbled feta cheese
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Chop your peppers, tomato, and cucumber, and toss them in a bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a separate container and either shake or whisk to incorporate. Pour over salad and toss to combine.
- Pop the bowl in the fridge, covered, for a few hours to let the fabulous flavors of the marinade get better acquainted with your veggies or enjoy right away.
- Peel and chop avocado just before serving, and add to the salad. I like to toss my avocado in a little lemon juice with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent it from browning.